Every journey begins with the first step.
Every journey begins with the first step. The Port makes it easy to search for local minority and women-owned businesses. We provide a business database as a reference source to improve access to and for women and minority-owned businesses.
The Port MWBE Business Database
The Port of Caddo-Bossier Database Opportunities include:
- Advocacy for participation and invitations to pre-bid meetings
- Access for MBEs and WBEs to form joint ventures and subcontracts with prime contractors
- Business opportunity fairs to allow Minority and Women Enterprises to present themselves to prime contractors, governmental agencies, quasi-governmental, and other opportunities
- Customized Education Workshops which concentrates on training and technical assistance to create tools for Minority and – –
Women Ownedfirms, such as bonding workshops and leadership conferences
- eNewsletter which contains information of upcoming bid opportunities, updates on current projects, and other opportunities
RFPs, business leads, and alerts for procurement opportunities from corporate members
- Inclusion and access to a computerized database to match MBEs and WBEs with contract opportunities to ensure maximum participation for the Port of Caddo- Bossier
Frequently Asked Questions
What is required to become a part of the MWBE Program?
Filling out an application
Are there any personal net worth and business net worth restrictions?
There are no personal or business net worth restrictions.
Who should I contact if I have questions about the MWBE Program?
The Port (318) 524-2272 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the opportunities available for my firm if I proceed with certifying my firm?
See the Database Opportunities document